United Nations Conference Centre in Addis Ababa (UNCC-AA)
The African Climate Risks Conference will be held at the United Nations Conference Center in Addis Ababa (UNCC-AA). The conference centre is a blend of elegant architecture, innovative technology and professional customer service, creating a seamless world-class venue. The UNCC-AA is known for its long years of experience in hosting local, regional and global events.
Address: Menelik II Ave. | P.O. Box 3001, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Registering at UNCC
Participants will be required to register and obtain Identification Badges which are issued by UN Security Personnel at the Delegates Registration Building (DRB).
Registration opening times:
- Sunday, 6 October 2019: 14:00 – 17:00 (open to all delegates)
- Monday, 7 October 2019: 07:00 – 08:30 (open to all delegates)
- International delegates: Valid passport
- Ethiopian delegates: Valid national ID card
Please note that high delegate volumes are expected on Monday morning. Therefore, we strongly recommend delegates to register ahead of time on Sunday, 6 October between 14:00 and 17:00 if possible. Alternatively, we kindly ask delegates to arrive early and take waiting time into account when planning for their arrival on Monday morning.
The registration process:
- There will be several registration booths sorted alphabetically by last names.
- Please bring your original, valid passport (if international) or national ID card (if Ethiopian ) and have it available for inspection at the registration booth.
- You will receive an identification badge which will grant you access into the UN Compound for the duration of the conference.
- Once you have registered please proceed to the ACRC Information desk located on the first floor just outside Conference Room 1 to collect your notebook and conference programme.
- Arrival tea and coffee will be available each morning and closes at 08:30 daily
Important: You will be refused entry / registration if you are not in possession of your passport (international) or national ID card (Ethiopian)
For identification and Security reasons, Identification Badges should be worn by all participants at all times during the conference and at official social functions.
Important: The conference badge is your ticket for the ACRC 2019 and will grant you access to the UNCC on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Lost badges unfortunately cannot be replaced.
Do the following while you are on the UNCC premises:
Professional and Respectful Conduct at the African Climate Risks Conference
ACRC is committed to safe and inclusive meetings for all attendees.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated at any meeting or event associated with the conference.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Be inclusive and respectful.
- Those who violate the standards of professional and respectful conduct may be asked to leave the meeting immediately without refund and may be subject to additional legal action.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination includes offensive comments and actions related to age, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion; sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.