There is limited full and partial financial support for Early Career Researchers (ECR’s)* and oral and/or poster presenters. Priority will be given to ECRs and African presenters.
If your university or organisation is not able to fund your registration, travel and/or accommodation, you can apply for a grant.
The grant may cover the following:
- Return airfare (approx. 500 GBP);
- Registration cost (registration opens 3 June 2019. more information to follow);
- Accommodation (approx. 110 GBP); and
- Daily Subsistence Allowance (40 GBP).
The following requirements will be considered for a conference grant application:
How to apply
The application should include a single file combining the following documents:
- Motivation letter (max 300 words), outlining the professional benefit to attend the conference (applies only for ECRs who are not presenting);
- One-page Curriculum Vitae containing academic qualifications, work history and/or involvement in professional activities;
- A reference letter indicating that you have approval from your organisation, if you are a recipient of the Grant, to attend the conference.
Grant applications, open on 3 June 2019, and should be submitted in English before the deadline 30 June 2019 by emailing the ACRC secretariat with the subject “Participation Grant Application” to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*An ECR must have, as a minimum, completed a Bachelors and be currently enrolled in a masters, and at maximum have a PhD with 4 years relevant experience, or alternatively at most have 10 years practical experience following a Masters.